Everyone wants straight, beautiful teeth, but most of us aren't born with picture-perfect smiles. That's where cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics come in. East Cooper Smiles offers various treatments to improve your oral health and enhance the beauty of your smile.
Our team is proud to offer Invisalign and Six-Month Braces as alternatives to traditional braces. You don't have to suffer wearing clunky, cumbersome brackets and wires on your teeth. If you want straight teeth and an aligned bite, contact East Cooper Smiles today for a consultation. We can help you attain the smile of your dreams!
What Is Invisalign and How Does It Work?
Invisalign clear aligners are smooth plastic trays you wear over your top and bottom teeth. Over time, the trays move your teeth into the proper position. Invisalign works in a series of trays that you change out every couple of weeks. When you graduate from one set of trays, you move on to the next set until your treatment is complete. For optimal results, dentists recommend wearing aligners 20–22 hours daily, removing them for oral hygiene and eating.
Invisalign technology makes it possible to correct crooked, overlapping, and overcrowded teeth more conveniently and comfortably than ever before. Also, Invisalign is virtually invisible, so you don't have to worry about braces detracting from your smile or drawing unwanted attention to your teeth during treatment.
What Are Six-Month Braces?
Six-Month Braces are another effective alternative to traditional braces. As the name suggests, you can have straighter teeth in as little as six months! Six-Month Braces relies on low-force realignment and clear or tooth-colored brackets and wires that blend in with your smile. Unlike silver or colorful metal braces, Six-Month Braces are inconspicuous so that you can feel more confident during your treatment.
Who Can Get Invisalign or Six-Month Braces?
Your dentist will need to evaluate your smile and needs to determine your candidacy for either of these treatments. Invisalign and Six-Month Braces can correct mild to moderate orthodontic concerns, such as:
- Open bite
- Crooked or uneven teeth
- Twisted or angled teeth
- Gaps or uneven spacing
More complex cases might require traditional orthodontics or other forms of orthodontia. Dr. Eley can refer you to a specialist if this sounds like you.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign is a popular treatment today for getting a straighter smile, and with good reason! If you're looking into options for straightening your teeth, you've probably heard of the Invisalign system already.
Here are some of the benefits of working with this treatment option:
- Aesthetics: Invisalign uses a system of clear aligners to straighten your teeth, which are nearly invisible. This means you won't have to deal with the aesthetics of traditional braces, either. You can straighten your smile without anyone ever seeing your braces!
- Cleaning: Another downside of traditional braces is that they are challenging to clean. Since clear aligners are removable, you can brush and floss your teeth like normal, and cleaning is easy!
- Shorter Treatment Time: The average treatment time for Invisalign is around 12 months. However, many patients can complete their treatment and attain optimal results in less than a year. This depends on the patient's needs, goals, and how well they follow the dentist's instructions for wearing their aligners.
- Health: Getting a straighter smile isn't just good for aesthetics and improves your oral health. By having straighter teeth, you can thoroughly clean your teeth, and it's less likely for the build-up to occur in hard-to-reach places. A clean smile reduces tooth decay, gum disease, and other problems.
Invisalign is an excellent treatment for fixing mild to moderate tooth misalignments, especially for adults who are looking to straighten their teeth without the look of traditional braces. This option also requires commitment––the treatment won't work if you don't wear your aligners!
If you have questions about Invisalign or are interested in a consultation to find out if you're a candidate, contact our office today for more information.
Benefits of Six-Month Braces
- Aesthetics: Six-Month Braces uses brackets that blend in with your natural smile, offering a discreet alternative to traditional braces.
- Shorter Treatment Time: The average treatment time for this option is only six months. That means less time wearing braces and more time enjoying your new and improved smile!
- Health: Research shows most people benefit from orthodontic treatment regardless of misalignment types or severity. Correcting dental problems and straightening your teeth can make it easier to chew and digest food, keep your mouth clean, and prevent cavities and gum disease.
It's important to remember that Six-Month Braces helps correct minor issues in the least amount of time possible. Call your dentist today to see if this option is right for you.
Invisalign Near Me
Dr. Jason Annan is a highly experienced dentist in Mount Pleasant who can provide you with the orthodontic treatment you need for a more aligned, attractive smile. We are pleased to offer Six-Month Braces and Invisalign at our Mt Pleasant, SC, dental office. Call us today to schedule your orthodontic consultation. We will create a customized treatment plan to fit your needs, budget, and lifestyle.
We look forward to helping you get a healthy, happy smile!