Before the era of modern dental medicine, anyone who cracked or damaged a tooth simply had to live with the pain, discomfort, inconvenience, and danger of their tooth injury.
Thankfully, today’s technology enables dentists to repair broken teeth and restore life and vibrance to compromised smiles. But if you’ve never received a dental restoration before, you might wonder what the benefits are or why you should consider getting one at all.
“Dental restorations” is a term that encompasses multiple types of artificial tooth repairs, including:
- Dental fillings
- Tooth crowns
- Dental bridges
- Dental implants
If you have a damaged, knocked-out, or broken tooth, you can benefit from one or more of these dental restorations. Because your teeth do not regrow and cannot repair themselves, you need to preserve your smile as much as you can throughout your life.
Even when accidents happen and you damage your natural tooth, the good news is that your Mount Pleasant dentist can usually repair it with a restoration.
You may need a dental restoration for any number of reasons, including:
- To keep your other natural teeth from shifting and falling out of alignment
- To relieve pain and discomfort following a tooth injury
- To fill a cavity and prevent bone loss in your mouth
- To replace missing teeth for both cosmetic and health-related reasons
- To protect a compromised tooth after a car accident, sports injury, or root canal
Tooth restorations in Mount Pleasant, SC can help your life return to normal after a dental emergency, accident, or routine oral health concern. If you need a dental crown or other restoration, give our dentist a call!